Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Simile Analysis 2

Title: My Life (ft. Lil Wayne) Artist: The Game

[Chorus: Lil’ Wayne]

And I’m grindin’ til I’m tiredThey say "You ain’t grindin’ til you tired"So I’m grindin’ with my eyes wideLooking to findA wayThrough the dayA lifeFor the nightDear Lord, you’ve done took so many of my people but I’m just wonderin’ whyYou haven’t taken (my life? x3)Like what the hell am I (doing right? x3)(My Life x3)

[Verse 1: The Game]Take me away from the hood like a state penitentiary Take me away from the hood in the casket or a Bentley Take me awayLike I overdosed on cocaine Or take me away like a bullet from Kurt Cobain Suicide (Suicide..suicide..)I'm from a Windy City, like "Do or Die"From a block close to where Biggie was crucifiedThat was Brooklyn's JesusShot for no f**kin' reasonAnd you wonder why Kanye wears Jesus pieces? (My Life x3)'Cause that's Jesus peopleAnd The Game, he's the equalHated on so much, "The Passion of Christ" need a sequelYeah, like Roc-a-fella needed SigelLike I needed my father, but he needed a needle (My Life x3)I need some meditation, so I can leave my peopleThey askin' “Why?" Why did John Lennon leave The Beatles?And why every hood n**** feed off evil?Answer my question before this bullet leave this Desert Eagle

[Chorus: Lil’ Wayne]And I’m grindin’ til I’m tiredThey say "You ain’t grindin’ til you tired"So I’m grindin’ with my eyes wideLooking to findA wayThrough the dayA lifeFor the nightDear Lord, you’ve done took so many of my people but I’m just wonderin’ whyYou haven’t taken (my life? x3)Like what the hell am I (doing right? x3)(My Life x3)

[Verse 2: The Game]We are not the same, I am a MartianSo approach my Phantom doors with caution (caution...caution)You see them 24's spinnin'? I earned themAnd I ain't no preacher, but here's my Erick SermonSo eat this black music, and tell me how it taste, now?And f**k Jesse Jackson cause it ain't about race, nowSometimes I think about my life with my face downThen I see my sons and put on that Kanye smile (My Life x3)Damn, I know his momma's proudAnd since you helped me sell my dream, we can share my momma nowAnd like MJB, "No More Drama" nowLivin’ the +good life+, me and Common on common groundI spit crack and n***** could drive it outta townGotta Chris Paul mind state, I'm never outta boundsMy life used to be empty like a glock without a round Now my life full, like a chopper with a thousand rounds (Gunshots)

[Chorus: Lil’ Wayne]And I’m grindin’ 'til I’m tiredThey say "You ain’t grindin’ 'til you tired"So I’m grindin’ with my eyes wideLooking to findA wayThrough the dayA lifeFor the nightDear Lord you’ve done took so many of my people but I’m just wonderin’ whyYou haven’t taken (my life? x3)Like what the hell am I (doing right? x3)(My Life x3)

[Verse 3: The Game]Walk through the gates of Hell, see my Impala parked in frontThe high beams on, me and the Devil share chronic bluntsListening to the "Chronic" album, playing backwardsShootin’ at pictures of Don Imus for target practiceMy mind f**ked up, so I cover it with a Raider hoodI'm from the city that made you motherf**kers afraid of Suge (Compton... Compton...)Made my grandmother pray for goodAnd never made her happy, when I bet that new Mercedes could (My Life x3)Ain't no bars, but n***** can't escape the hoodThey took so many of my n*****, that I should hate the hoodBut it's real n***** like me, that make the hoodRidin' slow in that Phantom just the way I should (My Life x3)With the top backIn my Sox hatI'm paid in full, the n**** Alpo couldn't stop thatEven if they brought the n**** 'Pac backI'd still keep this motherf**ker cocked back

[Chorus: Lil’ Wayne]And I’m grindin’ til I’m tiredThey say "You ain’t grindin’ til you tired"So I’m grindin’ with my eyes wideLooking to findA wayThrough the dayA lifeFor the nightDear Lord you’ve done took so many of my people but I’m just wonderin’ whyYou haven’t taken (my life x3)Like what the hell am I (doing right? x3)(My Life x3)(My Life x3)(My Life x3)(My Life x3)

This song is My Life by The Game. It was recently one of the most popular songs played on rap stations, like 94.5 and 106.3. The Game and Lil Wayne are some of the best rappers that are around today. They are able to incorporate poetry into their songs, like similes. One simile that is in this song is, "My life used to be empty like a glock without a round" and it is followed by, "Now my life full, like a chopper with a thousand rounds". These similes are different because the first one is saying that his life was not worth while and useless like a gun is without any bullets. The second simile is saying that now that he is famous and happy with his life, it is like a chopper which can carry a lot more than a gun. Another simile is, "Take me away from the hood like a state penitentiary". He is talking about being locked up in this simile because when the police take him out of his "hood", he is sent to jail for his actions. Next, these similes, "Take me away Like I overdosed on cocaine Or take me away like a bullet from Kurt Cobain" are very similar because they are talking about his death. He is telling the audience that he wants to die because he is not happy. He also does not care how he passes away, whether it be an overdose or being shot to death. Either way, he is finding a way out of his life. Overall, both of these rappers are extremely popular and also intelligent in the way that they use poetic devices in their songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment